Consortium Connects are online professional learning roundtables or conversations that are free for NCSSS Member Schools.
Register for the topic you're interested in. Join other teachers and administrators for professional learning and the sharing of ideas.
Consortium Connects 2021 Schedule
|January||1/26||Equity and Inclusion: We have the POWER!|
|February||2/25||Creating a Valuable Partnership for Your School|
|March||3/11||International Engineering Development Partnerships|
|April||4/20||Equity and Inclusion Series: Second in the Series|
|May||TBD||IIT Consortium Connects|
|September||9/21||Equity and Inclusion Series: Third in the Series|
March 11: International Engineering Development Partnerships
Making international experiential learning more impactful and accessible to STEM students. An opportunity to learn about and provide feedback on the innovative new STEM TeleSquads program involving high school students in the design of rural community water systems in Honduras through the 501c3 nonprofit international development organization Squads Abroad.
Join Erik Werner, Squads Abroad Division President; Ben Erker, Director of Impact and Evaluation; and Julio Granados, Water Program Manager to discuss this partnership opportunity.
Consortium Connects Previous Conversations
Members may watch or listen to the on-demand versions of the previous Consortium Connects:
- Creating a Valuable Partnership for Your School
- Equity and Inclusion: We have the POWER!
- Admissions & Placement Tests for 2021-22
- Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19
- Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences
- End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios and presentation materials
- Wraparound Student Support
- The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators
- A Conversation Around Distance Learning
- Incorporating Coding into Introductory Physics Curriculum
- Being a Better Research Project Adviser
- The 'E' in STEM: Teaching Engineering in the Classroom & Maker Space
- STEM Summer Camps
- Exploring Research Competitions
- Working in Groups vs. Group Work
- Setting Students Up For Success
- Using Integral Calculus Throughout the Yearlong, Introductory Physics Course
Seeking Conversation Leaders
We are always looking for speakers to lead the Consortium Connects conversations. You can pick a topic that's of interest or work with NCSSS to find a topic of interest for our members.