Consortium Connects are online professional learning roundtables or conversations that are free for NCSSS Member Schools.
Register for the topic you're interested in. Join other teachers and administrators for professional learning and the sharing of ideas.
Consortium Connects 2020 Schedule
|March||3/24||A Conversation Around Distance Learning|
|April||4/7||The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators|
|4/21||Wraparound Student Support|
|May||5/5||End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios|
|5/19||Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences|
|June||6/2||Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19|
June 2: Keeping Students Engaged: Summer Programs During COVID-19
As schools across the nation were forced to move to online learning this past spring, teachers rose to the challenge of educating students virtually. Now that the school year is coming to an end, how can educators keep students engaged academically when the usual summer camps and other special programs remain closed?
Join IIT and a panel of high school teachers as they discuss ways they've encouraged their students to stay motivated throughout the summer, and how they're finding useful virtual programs in their communities and around the world.
Time: 2-3 pm ET
Date: Tuesday, June 2
Consortium Connects Previous Conversations
Members may watch or listen to previous Consortium Connects:
- Looking Ahead to Laboratory Experiences
- End of Year Activities & A Look at Next Year Scenarios and presentation materials
- Wraparound Student Support
- The Impact of the CARES Act on STEM Educators
- A Conversation Around Distance Learning
- Incorporating Coding into Introductory Physics Curriculum
- Being a Better Research Project Adviser
- The 'E' in STEM: Teaching Engineering in the Classroom & Maker Space
- STEM Summer Camps
- Exploring Research Competitions
- Working in Groups vs. Group Work
- Setting Students Up For Success
- Using Integral Calculus Throughout the Yearlong, Introductory Physics Course
Seeking Conversation Leaders
We are always looking for speakers to lead the Consortium Connects conversations. You can pick a topic that's of interest or work with NCSSS to find a topic of interest for our members.